Activity Worker Positions
Do you have an interest or hobby or skill that you can share with young people?
We are always looking for people with specialist skills who can share their knowledge and enthusiasm with young people. Our present team of people have skills in the following areas: dance, drama, art & craft, photography, DJing, music production, performance poetry, beauty therapy, outdoor pursuits, sport. We ask for some experience of working with young people, but qualifications are not essential. What is needed is a genuine desire to offer young people the chance to grow through activities that challenge them creatively and imaginatively. We are always looking for people that can deliver good quality art & craft activities, but if you have something different to offer please do get in touch. Work can only be offered on a casual basis, dependent upon the activity and the demand from youth clubs. All successful applicants will be DBS checked by us.
1.5 hour Session rate: £25 plus holiday pay
Travel expenses: 45p per mile (up to 9 miles)
Materials expenses: per session £12
Please contact WAY: 01905 350550
Or download an application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Activity Worker
Salary: £25.00 per session (minimum 90 minutes)
Job Purpose: To enable Young People aged 11-16 yrs to experience new activities and learn new skills. To promote positive behaviours, social development and creativity through the activity.
Post Responsible to: Manager Duties/Responsibilities and Key Tasks
- Prepare for the Session and bring all relevant equipment and/or materials to the Venue.
- Run an Activity Session for 11-16 year olds lasting a minimum of 90 minutes.
- Be responsible for any WAY equipment.
- Clear up after session.
- Notify Manager and Youth Venue if a session is cancelled by either party.
- Complete a Sessional Activity Record Sheet for each session with names of young people attending and complete the Session Evaluation.
- Notify WAY Office of any problems or suggestions arising from the session
- Complete a monthly Time Sheet.
- Complete a monthly Travel Claim and Material Expenses Claim if applicable.
- Submit all paper work to Administrator by monthly deadline.
- Provide the Manager with regular details of availability (evenings, weekends and school holidays).
- Be flexible and prepared to work in different venues throughout Worcester.
- Be aware of Safeguarding & Child Protection issues and report any concerns to the Manager.
- Be aware of Heath and Safety regulations.
- Complete Risk Assessment forms for all activities conducted.
- Report any problems/issues to the Manager.
- Enjoy working with Young People who may be from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Child Protection: The post requires regular contact with under 18s in a non-supervisory role The post involves carrying out risk assessments on activities/facilities relating to young peoples events Health and Safety: To be responsible for the safety, health and welfare of all the workforce in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, related legislation. Reviewed June 2009