These are our terms and conditions to ensure our work together is beneficial to all concerned; our aim is to establish a friendly working arrangement between Club leader(s) and WAY Activity Workers.
- Meet and greet and offer refreshments.
- Ensure that an appropriate space is available and ready for the activity delivery.
- Explain any approach to behaviour management by yourself to support delivery.
- Support the activity worker where necessary or when requested. Activity Workers should not work alone in separate rooms i.e. a kitchen or outside whilst delivering an activity. A member of your staff team should be with them at all times.
- Identify any special needs of young people.
- Encourage a group to take part within our targeted age range of 11 – 16 years.
- Make clear any relevant policies to Way workers e.g. photography.
- Liaise over any last minute changes in programme or booking.
- Offer feedback of session and any suggestions for future.
- Sign off activity workers sheet.
- Speak with the office should any concerns arise e.g. activity workers non attendance.
- Please allow 24 hours notice for cancelled bookings. A session fee of A?50 will be charged for a cancelled session that is less than 24 hours because Way pays activity workers when less than 24 hours notice of cancellation is received.
- Activity Workers will arrive, introduce themselves with an id badge and let you know their plans for the session.
- Liaise beforehand if necessary.
- Arrive in good time (if for some reason you are let down, please let us know).
- Introduce self to staff and young people.
- Tidy up afterwards.
- Inform staff of any issues on the spot.
- Work to current safeguarding good practice.
- Do an outstandingly good job.
- Present a signing in sheet and evaluation form for your signature.
- Provide a quality assurance evaluator.
- If we have to cancel a session for any reason, we will try to ensure you receive adequate notice and if possible offer an alternative activity.
- Speak with the you should any concerns arise.
- Ensure staff (paid or unpaid) are recruited using safe recruitment processes.
- Ensure staff are trained where necessary.
- Give you contact details of Activity Workers.